As I went for a walk today I was met by rays of sun warming my face. It made me realise how much I long for spring and summer.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the different seasons and the diversity they offer. It’s great to wrap up warm and embrace the fresh and crisp air on a cold winter day.
However, this year I didn’t get much of that, and the short days really didn’t help my energy levels progress beyond zombie state (OK, that last one was a slight exaggeration).
So, today reminded me of a few things I miss (in no particular order of preference);
- the smell of freshly cut grass
- coffee and biscuits on a blanket in the park
- that earthy smell when the ground is slowly defrosting after months of rest
- eating home-grown strawberries
- the sound of birds chirping away from early morning to late night
- evening walks when the air is still warm and the sky is still light
- drinking home-made lemonade and listening to the radio
- and maybe, just maybe, a dip in the sea